A cake donated by Alan Kinge to celebrate our 10th anniversary.
West Camel Model Railway Society meets every Saturday at 9.00am and on Wednesdays at 1.00pm, in the Davis Hall at West Camel. It is an enthusiastic group that models in:
- “Camelot Valley Railway” construction has been completed. The layout has now been sold and is in South Wales!
- We are now in the very early stages of constructing a new narrow gauge, O16.5, layout. The track is mainly down, but nothing else has yet been completed – this is a great project to get stuck in to!
- Layout 1: DCC. This layout is in the middle stages of construction, it currently has two fully functioning loops and large fiddle yard. We are currently putting a scenic section above the fiddle yard to make a two level railway.
- Layout 2: Analogue. This layout is well developed now and is a complete loop. The layout is currently being re-wired for simpler operation.
Derek Gregory, Club Member, imagined West Camel with a railway running through it. This was a competition entry in the Christmas Exhibition 2015.
- We have a small scenic N gauge layout, simple to set up and operate
- We have test tracks in that three above mentioned gauges. Bring your loco’s and rolling stock along for a run.
Dates for your Diary:
Home Exhibition Dates (Davis Hall, West Camel):
Part of the WCRMS Committee making an exhibition of themselves at Narrow Gauge South West, Shepton Mallet in February 2015.
- Summer Open Day – Saturday, 3rd June 2017
- Christmas Exhibition –Saturday, 30th December 2017
- Saturday, 18th February 2017 – Narrow Gauge South West. 10.00am until 4.00pm at Whitstone School, Shepton Mallet, Somerset.
- Saturday, 18th and Sunday, 19th February 2017 – Wessex Association of Model Railway Clubs Exhibtion. 10.00am until 4.00pm at the Digby Hall, Sherborne, Dorset.
- Saturday, 4th March 2017 – Lions Club Exhibition. 10.00am until 4.00pm at The Medway Hall, Compton Dunton, nr Street, Somerset.
Coach Trips to External Exhibitions (more information nearer the time):
- Ally Pally – Sunday, 26th March 2017
Dates when the hall is unavailable:
- Saturday, 29th July 2017
- Saturday, 19th August 2017
- Saturday, 16th September 2017
For further information about anything on this page please contact the secretary, Stephen Jarrett.
M: 07553 045440
T: 01749 347297
West Camel Model Railway Society Committee:
- Chairman, Simon Mellish
- Vice Chairman, Derek Street
- Treasurer, Ian Goose
- Secretary, Stephen Jarrett
- Exhibition Manager, Charlie Bishop
- Club Rep to Wessex Association of MRCs, Peter Tilbury